Every disease has a specific treatment and diet plan during or after the occurrence. So have the hemorrhoids also. Though it is a disease related to your digestive system needs perfect diet recipes for proper digestion of foods.
Hemorrhoids are certain swollen and enlarged veins in your rectum causes due to straining during a bowel movement. They are otherwise known as piles also. It is a very painful condition often caused by chronic constipation. You can treat your hemorrhoids by following some home remedies in their initial stage. In some cases, they need surgery to remove the strangled and prolapsed veins.
In both the cases of hemorrhoids, your doctor prescribes you to take a diet rich in fiber with lots of liquid-intake. Because an unhealthy diet can worsen your existing piles and there are risks of the coming back of hemorrhoids also.
As a result, you become worried about the specific foods prescribed by your doctor. You become confused about how to add these food items in your diet. Hence, the aim of this article is to give you some diet recipes for hemorrhoids.
Table of Contents
Specific Diet Recipes For Hemorrhoids
The primary goal of these recipes is to provide you a smooth and strain-free bowel movement without giving pressure on your rectal veins. You can find all the ingredients of the recipes in grocery and vegetable stores easily.
All these recipes are full of gut-friendly nutrients, rich in fiber and phytochemicals for easy elimination of your stools. The recipes will not only help to your existing hemorrhoid they will prevent the coming back of the hemorrhoids also.
Let’s find out the recipes for hemorrhoids. Here, in this article, you will find all the food recipes from soup to deserts. These recipes are also easy and quick to prepare.
Soups For Hemorrhoid
1. Apple And Onion Soup
100 grams of this soup contains 4% of fiber and 2% of carbohydrate with other nutrients.
- You have to cut 3 organic apples into small dices.
- slice 2 medium-sized yellow onions.
- 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- 1/2 tsp of cut rosemary.
- 1 tsp of olive or canola oil.
- 6 cups of water or vegetable broth
- salt to taste.
- Heat a pan and add the oil into it.
- Now saute the sliced onions in this oil till they turn in golden brown.
- Pour the vegetable broth or water into the pan and make it be boiled.
- Now add the apple dices and salt into the mixture and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Your soup is ready to take. Sprinkle some black pepper powder before consuming.
2. Mixed Vegetables Soup
Intake of a mixed vegetable soup 1-2 times in a day is essential for hemorrhoid. It is completely a soup rich in fibers and a very good remedy for constipation also.
- Take 1 cup of cabbage cut in thin slices.
- 1/2 a cup of beans cut in small pieces.
- 1 tomato cut in cubes.
- 1/2 a cup of raw papaya cut in thin slices.
- Salt to taste and powdered black pepper.
- Put all the vegetables in a pan.
- Add the required salt and make it boiled.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Now strain the soup of the vegetables and sprinkle pepper powder.
- Sip the soup when it is hot.
3. Barley And Broccoli Soup
The dietary fiber present in Barley and Broccoli increases bulk and soften the stool for easy elimination.
- Take 4 cups of Broccoli Florets.
- 1/2 cup of cooked barley.
- 1 tomato cut in pieces.
- 1small carrot peeled and slices.
- 4 cloves of minced garlic and 1 tsp of thyme.
- 5 cups of vegetable broth.
- 1/4 cup of sliced onion.
- 1tsp of extra virgin oil.
- Take a pan and cook the sliced onions in olive oil till golden brown.
- Now add the vegetable broth and all the vegetables in the pan.
- Make the mixture boiled and simmer till all the vegetables become tender.
- Now add barley, minced garlic, thyme, and salt into the mixture and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the powdered black pepper and serve warm.
4. Beet, Carrot, and Green Pea Soup
Beet, carrot, and green pea, all the vegetables are highly rich in fiber helps to cure constipation which is the root cause of hemorrhoids.
- 1 cup of green peas. You may use the frozen peas also.
- 3 medium-sized carrots cut in slices.
- 2 beets cut in slices.
- 6 cups of vegetable stock.
- 1 cup of chopped onion.
- 1tsp minced ginger and 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- 1 tsp of virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable stock, carrot, peas, beets, and tomato and make the mixture to be boiled.
- Simmer for 25 minutes until the vegetables to be tender.
- Now grind the mixture to make a thick soup.
- Add salt and pepper and serve warm.
Breakfast Recipes For Hemorrhoids
It is well-known that breakfast is the most essential meal for the whole day. A healthy and fibrous breakfast gives you energy for the whole day. Let’s prepare some anti-hemorrhoid breakfasts.
1. Apples With Oat And Wheat Germ Muesli
You must start your day with one bowl of this muesli rich in soluble fibers.
How To Prepare
- Cut 1 apple in cubes and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl take 1/2 cup of roasted oats and 1/2 cup of wheat germ.
- Add 2 tsp of brown sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon powder into the oats.
- Mix a cup of warm milk and stir well.
- Add the cubed apples over the Muesli and eat.
2. Milk-Free Blueberry Muesli
Blueberry works as a boon for hemorrhoids. It contains both soluble and non-soluble fiber(pectin) which helps you for easy elimination of stool.
How To Prepare
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup of roasted oats, 2tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Cook all the ingredients in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of chopped walnuts and 2 cups of blueberries before serving.
3. Buckwheat And Oat Muesli With Grapes And Pears
The oats and pears are highly rich in soluble fibers which help to soften your stool by increasing bulk. Pears contain sorbitol, a laxative which works like a miracle for hemorrhoids.
How To Prepare
- Take 1 cup of toasted oats, add water, and soak in a refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning Add 3tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon powder, and 1/2 cup of puffed Buckwheat into the soaked oats.
- Stir well and add 1 cup of cubed pears and 1 cup of red grapes.
- Serve the muesli with rice milk.
4. Sweet Corn With Boiled Beans
Beans are highly rich in soluble fibers. When added with sweet corn it becomes a perfect breakfast for hemorrhoids.
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups of cubed beans and boil till tender with adding a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder. Don’t fry the beans.
- Boil 2 cups of sweet corns for 3-4 minutes with adding little salt and 1tsp of butter.
- Garnish the beans and corns with chopped coriander leaves separately.
- Your breakfast is ready.
- You can add an apple or a pear as per your taste.
Main course Dishes For Hemorrhoids
1. Brown Rice And Green Pea Risotto
This recipe for your main course is nutritious, flavored, and rich in fiber. It is easy to make and the flavor of fennel bulbs with brown rice is a tempting one for you.
- 1 and 1/2 cup of long grained uncooked brown rice.
- 1/4lb thawed frozen peas.
- 1 chopped onion and 1 clove of minced garlic.
- 1 trimmed and chopped fennel bulb.
- 3 tsp of olive oil.
- 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- some chopped parsley for garnishing.
- Take a thick-based saucepan and put on the stove.
- Pour 2tsp of olive oil into the pan and saute onion, garlic, and fennel bulb for 2 minutes.
- Don’t let them be browned.
- Now add the brown rice and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and cook till the rice absorbed the broth.
- Add remained broth and the green peas.
- You can add water instead of broth also.
- Stir the rice till to be cooked perfectly. Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
2. Asparagus And Quinoa Noodles
Asparagus is rich in fiber naturally. Quinoa has a number of health benefits to give you a healthy life. This recipe is an excellent meal to fight against hemorrhoids.
- 12oz of quinoa noodles.
- 4tsp vegetable stalk.
- 2 bundles of Asparagus. Wash, trim and cut them in pieces.
- 3tsp of minced ginger and 2 cloves of garlic cut into small pieces.
- 1 tsp of Soy sauce and the same amount of olive oil.
- 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- A pinch of salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a thick pan and saute the minced ginger with garlic cloves.
- After 2 minutes add Asparagus. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now mix the soy sauce, sugar, and vegetable stalk in a bowl.
- Add the mixture into the pan and stir till the asparagus become tender.
- Cook the quinoa noodles in another pan as per the direction is given on the packet.
- Now mix the cooked noodles in asparagus and serve hot.
3. Mung Dal Khichdi, Boiled Vegetables, And Green Salad With Curd
This combined meal is full of all the nutrients and rich in fiber work best for hemorrhoids.
Ingredients For Mung Dal Khichdi
- 1 cup of long grain rice soaked in water for half an hour and strained.
- 1 cup of roasted mung dal.
- 4 cups of water.
- 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar.
- 1 tsp pure ghee.
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds and 1 bay leaf.
- 1 tsp of turmeric and black pepper.
- Put a pressure cooker on the stove and add the ghee.
- Saute the cumin seeds and add water.
- Add salt, sugar, and the bay leaf.
- Now add the rice and mung dal into the pressure cooker.
- Add turmeric and black pepper(whole)
- Cover the lid and wait for 1 whistle.
- Off the stove and let the pressure cooker to be cool before opening.
- Your Khichdi is ready.
Preparation Of Boiled Vegetable
- Boil a large bowl of sliced vegetables like carrot, cabbage, tomato, potato, beans, and radish with adding 1 tsp of turmeric and salt to taste.
- Now take a pan and saute 1 tsp of mustard seeds in 1/2 a tsp of refined oil.
- Add the boiled vegetables into the pan and cover for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation Of Green Salad
- Cut 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 onion, 1 green chilli, 4-5 stems of coriander leaves in pieces.
- Add 1 cup of curd into the salad.
- Mix well with adding 1/2 tsp of black salt and 1/2 tsp of powdered black pepper.
Serve mung dal khichdi and boiled vegetables with green salad and curd. This meal is not only delicious but a complete meal for hemorrhoids also. You can take this khichdi with curd in any type of digestive problems you have.
4. Curd Rice With Boiled Papaya
Papaya is highly rich in fiber fights against hemorrhoids effectively. Curd contains probiotics which increase gut immunity and helps to treat constipation.
Preparation Of Curd Rice
- Take 1 cup of long grained rice and soak in water for half an hour.
- Boil the rice till tender and strain.
- Take the boiled rice in a bowl and add 2 cups of thick curd. Mix well with adding 1 tsp of salt.
- Now put a pan on a stove and add 1tsp of pure ghee. Saute 1/2 a tsp of mustard seeds and 6-7 curry leaves.
- Add the sauteed spices into the curd rice.
Preparation of Boiled Papaya
Take 2 cups of sliced raw papaya and boil them adding some salt and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder. Sprinkle 1 tsp of powdered black pepper and your meal is ready.
Now enjoy the boiled papaya with curd rice.
Salads For Hemorrhoids
Here you will get some recipes of gut-soothing salads highly rich in fibers.
1. Avocado And Carrot Salad
- Take 1 large Avocado and cut into pieces after peeling it.
- Take 1 medium carrot and cut into pieces or you can grate it as per your liking.
- Put both the ingredients in a bowl and add a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Add 1tsp of sunflower seeds for better taste.
- Add salt and powdered black pepper to taste.
- Keep the salad in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before eating.
2. Beet And Carrot With Ginger
- Take 1/2 cup of grated beets and 1/2 cup of grated carrots in a bowl.
- Add 2tsp of apple juice, 1 tsp of virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp of minced ginger, and 1/4 tsp of black salt into the salad.
- Toss gently and your salad is ready.
3. Radish, Cucumber, Onion, And Cabbage Salad
- Take a medium radish. Peel and slice it in rounds.
- Take a medium cucumber and slice it in rounds without peeling.
- Add 1 medium onion sliced in rounds into the cucumber and radish.
- Take 1/2 cup of grated cabbage and add into the salad.
- Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of black salt. Your salad is ready to eat.
Desserts For Hemorrhoid
1. Blueberry And Raspberry Smoothie
- Take 1 cup of Raspberry and 1 cup of wild blueberries in a mincer.
- Add 1 cup of rice milk and 1 tsp of flax seeds.
- Take 3/4 cup of ice cubes and add into the mincer.
- Mince all the ingredients in a food processor till smooth.
- Your smoothie is ready to intake.
2. Pear And Apple Frost With Ginger
- Take 2 cups of chopped organic pears in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of chopped apple and 1tsp of minced ginger.
- Grind all the ingredients to make a smoothie.
- Add some crushed ice and your dessert is ready.
3. Ripe Papaya smoothie with black pepper
- Take 2 cups of chopped raw papaya in a blender.
- Add 1/2 tsp of black salt and grind to make your smoothie.
- Add some crushed ice and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of powdered black pepper.
- Your smoothie is ready to take.
4. Warm Milk With Little Sugar
Take a glass of milk and let it boiled. Add little sugar and mix well. Take the sweet drink when it is warm before going to bed. It is one of the best drink for hemorrhoids.
Generally, it becomes a headache for you what to eat after or in an existing hemorrhoid. We have collected some best dishes here in this article for you. But it is recommended to consult your doctor before taking any of the recipes given here. In addition, you must discard the food items allergic to you. Choose the recipes as per your convenience and stay away from hemorrhoids. Good Luck.